Where do I go to have a deed or real estate document prepared?
  • We strongly advise contacting a title company and/or a real estate attorney to have real estate centered documents prepared. 
  • You may obtain blank forms through various websites online. 
  • Documents must be fully prepared and notarized before reaching our office to be recorded. 
  • All deeds must have an exemption statement or transfer declaration accompanying it. 
  • The Recorder of Deeds office cannot assist you in completing documents. We can only tell you if a document is recordable according to State of Illinois Compiled Statutes. 

Show All Answers

1. What are the primary duties of the County Recorder?
2. What information do I need to get a copy of a deed?
3. How do I get a copy of a document?
4. Why didn't I receive my deed after I paid off my mortgage?
5. Do I have any liens?
6. How to add or change a name on a deed?
7. Does the Recorder's Office have blank forms?
8. Where do I go to have a deed or real estate document prepared?
9. What form of payment does the Recorder's Office accept?
10. Can you tell me when my house was built?
11. How do I find my property lines?
12. Are there easements on my property?
13. What are the earliest dates of record?
14. Is a Tract Index available?