As winter approaches, the Whiteside County Highway Department aims to ensure safe and efficient winter travel for local residents. They encourage you to review their current snow removal policy.
- Snow removal operations will begin after an accumulation of 2 inches or more.
- Snow operations will begin at approximately 5:00 AM.
- Snow operations end at approximately 7:00 PM so that the operation may again be ready at 5:00 AM the next morning.
- Unlike the Illinois Department of Transportation, the County does not operate 24/7 during snow events.
- The timing of snow removal operations of township road districts does not necessarily coordinate with the County’s.
They ask that the traveling public drive cautiously during the winter months when snow and ice are present. During heavier snow events and extremely icy conditions please limit trips to essential trips only.
For further details, please review the full snow removal policy.