Health & Social Services Committee
The Health and Social Services Committee’s duties are as follows:
- In terms of budget-building, accountability reporting, and chain of communication to the Board, serves as the Parent Committee for the Zoning Administrator, Public Health Administrator, the Superintendent of the Regional Office of Education, the Mental Health Board, the Veterans’ Assistance Commission, and the University of Illinois Cooperative Extension Board.
- Serves as liaison between the County Health Department and the Board and is available for consultation with the Whiteside County Board of Health in all phases of public health. The Chair of the Board shall appoint from this Committee, one member annually to serve on the Health Board.
- Serves as liaison between the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board, through the Zoning Administrator. Recommends to the Board Chair reappointments or new appointments to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Assures Committee representation at Planning and Zoning Commission meetings.
- Inspects the condition of and reviews space utilization at the Health Department and the Regional Office of Education, annually.
- Periodically reviews the Health Department’s and Regional Office of Education’s fixed asset spending plan that has been approved in the annual budget.
- Periodically reviews the Health Department’s and the Regional Office of Education’s repair and replacements/improvements plan, as approved in the annual budget.
- Prepares recommendations to the Finance Committee for levy recommendations and distributions related to the Senior Citizens Fund/levy, the Cooperative Extension levy, and the Veteran’s Assistance Levy. Recommends to the Board program funding related to the senior citizen tax levy.
- Oversees the Animal Control contract.
- Recommends to the Board, through its Chair, the appointment of an Animal Control Administrator.
- The Chair of the Board shall appoint from this Committee, one member to serve on the Community Mental Health Board.